21 July 2006

Peace Train

Everyone in my real life knows that I avoid the news, mostly, as a means of self-defense. But you'd have to be under a rock in a cave to not know about the insanity happening in the Middle East. Every single blurb I read, everything I hear... I hear panic, I hear fear... over some stupid hunk of dirt and someone's idea about control, and about the truth of God. Yes, yes, I know it's overall more complicated than that. But I don't care. They're all somebody's baby, killing or being killed. Every single casualty has a mother grieving. But ultimately, I believe in the triumph of hope over hate. And so, I'd like to invite everyone to go here: http://www.mountainoflight.co.uk/av/av.html Stop whatever you're doing, make sure you're on a computer with excellent speakers and Macromedia Flash installed, and settle in (no matter how long it takes, I don't care if you're on dialup, it's worth it) to listen to Yusuf Islam singing Peace Train. Someday, it's going to come.

2 Comments:

At 7/23/2006 09:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved that song when Cat Stevens sang it in the seventies and I still love it today. Wish it would hurry and get here.

 
At 7/23/2006 09:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh for those who don't know, Cat Stevens is Yusuf Islam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home