31 May 2006

Kestrel's One!!!!

On his first birthday, Mr Kestrel Bastian thoroughly enjoyed his fresh-made strawberry ice cream, tried really hard to take some more steps, and cuddled up a storm with everyone who would pick him up. He played balloon forests with Rowan, had a short and very splashy bath, and then off to sleep. All in all, a fabulous day. Pictures to be uploaded this weekend, once I'm out of class. Throughout the day, I kept (natch) coming back to me... as in "this time last year I was....". Which was just a titch unsettling, because everyone around me who'd been there kept offering course correction. I remember the whole thing way more rosily than they do. They seem to remember a lot of sweating, swearing, and screaming that I have no recollection of at all. I remember being tired, I remember feeling hopeless, I remember Jason giving me the biggest reality check of my entire life, and I remember the actual moment of giving birth. The rest is sort of a blur. For a bit of nostalgia, the whole tale is here.

3 Comments:

At 6/01/2006 11:25:00 AM, Blogger rubelin said...

Ah, the rosy glasses of nostalgia. The reason so many of us yearn to do it all over again =)

Happy Birthing-day Momma!! And a very merry day to the little Mister!

 
At 6/02/2006 08:29:00 AM, Blogger SFWriter13 said...

Happy Birthday, Kestrel! And many more happy memories for the rest of the family! :-)

 
At 6/09/2006 07:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that Kestrel is getting a passport, let me try a few languages:

Happy birthday!
Joyeux anniversaire!
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!
Feliz cumpleanos!

Hugs, FR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home