13 June 2006

FatBrain Revisited

Some days, the camera hates you. And some days, it's a totally different story. There's this great discussion in "What The Bleep Do We Know?" about how the camera sees more than the eye, because it sees "without prejudice and without judgment." You've all read my original FatBrain blog. It all started with a picture. This picture, in fact: Horrifying, no? So. Remember my blog about The World Famous Cod Hole? Go read it. And then, come back and look at this photo: Same girl. Less than a month later. Just add water. Sure, I'm wearing a PFD in this one, but I think the difference is pretty plain to see. I could call it plain vanity. But I think it's far more than that. I think it's another of those signposts; the ones that say "get the heck outta there, you fool! Your lifestyle's killing you!" I mean, really. Which of those two pictures would you rather be in? It's not FatBrain after all. It's LifestyleBrain. Who knew?

6 Comments:

At 6/14/2006 08:47:00 AM, Blogger SFWriter13 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6/14/2006 08:49:00 AM, Blogger SFWriter13 said...

I don't know why, but what immediately came to mind was: "All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by . . ."

Honor and integrity indeed! :-)

 
At 6/14/2006 09:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like so many things, it is not what is outside, but what is inside that counts.

 
At 6/15/2006 11:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I know that the camera can be cruel. Even supermodels have unflattering shots I'm sure. I am totally camera-phobic :-( It's great to see you looking so happy on the boat...how fun :-D
Ks.

 
At 6/15/2006 11:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's room in you for ALL of yourselves. If you can figure this out with ease, I salute you. There is personal growth that comes with raising kid, the putting them first, all that jazz. But there's ALSO growth in doing it as YOURSELF... So you didn't wear an apron all the time and bake cookies... who defines these things anyway. As always, I stand behind you. love, V

 
At 6/23/2006 09:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that first pix of you. I've seen that look many times, at work, at the things people say, sometimes even at coments I make. It's that, You're completely insane, but I'm not going to say that. I'd love to know what that little pumpkin was doing, or what was said, to elicit that look.

That second pix is wonderful. You look totally in your element. Sailing is definitely agreeing with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home