10 September 2006

Props To Me!

I am totally pleased to announce that I am now a Featured Author on Life Without School, a blog for homeschoolers and unschoolers, to explore what our lives are like. My premiere post, "Unschooling Birth" is the same as I posted here a few days ago. But this will be the only crossover; all my subsequent work on LWOS will be unique, so if you want to know what I have to say over there, you'll have to come check in. Please, leave commentary, check it out, and let the blog leaders know that you're happy to see me there. In other news, I had a meeting Friday with Beth Adams-Smith and Richard Smith of the Atlantic Cruising Club/Jerawyn Publishing. I will be writing a book with them over the coming year, a Marnia Guide to California. You can check out the other books in the series at the ACC website. This isn't really a creative writing project, but a travel writing one, and I am beyond ecstatic to be involved in this project. It's going to allow me all kinds of latitude in exploration and other article opportunities. So... here I go, leaping into publishing of all kinds of flavors. And thanks to all of you, who've been so awesome about nurturing, encouraging, and just being along with this blog, which I started simply to see if I could do it.

3 Comments:

At 9/11/2006 08:29:00 AM, Blogger SFWriter13 said...

Congrats on all the new projects and getting the recognition that you so deserve! It seems only fair for all of the support you have given others while they tangle with their respective muses. :)

 
At 9/11/2006 02:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so TOTALLY AWESOME. And it may not be creative writing, but it's a start. Proud Mother-in-Law

 
At 9/24/2006 10:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, yay, yay! Just the start of many more projects to come. And it's about damn time:-) Dana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home