07 February 2006

Poetry, Right Now....

I found this from a link from Danielle's blog. And it was too fabulous not to repost. So I am. You can go find the original here.

God Says Yes To Me by Kaylin Haught

Taken from Being Alive published by Bloodaxe Books

I asked God if it was okay to be melodramatic and she said yes I asked her if it was okay to be short and she said it sure is I asked her if I could wear nail polish and she said honey she calls me that sometimes she said you can do just exactly what you want to Thanks God I said And is it even okay if I don't paragraph my letters Sweetcakes God said who knows where she picked that up what I'm telling you is Yes Yes Yes

3 Comments:

At 2/07/2006 11:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me of one of my favorite books of poetry called God went to Beauty School. HILARIOUS and profound. Same flavor as this poem which I adore b/c God is a SHE here.
HEY you were my first commenter, thanks!!

 
At 2/08/2006 09:37:00 PM, Blogger rubelin said...

oooh, that's awesome!

Dan got me "Friendship with God" for Christmas (I already have, and adore, Conversations with God 1 - 3) and this is exactly what it's like, only written by a man, so not quite as Honey =D

R~

 
At 1/28/2007 10:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always happy when someone likes my poems. God Says Yes was written years ago,and I had heard of these other books, but have not read them. The poem is meant to be funny and rather rebellious, which is exactly the way I felt when I wrote it, in response to all the rules I was being given by the instructor of a poetry class! Note: The instructor loved it and was the
first to publish it!
My poem should be shown as it is published on the former Poet Laureate Billy Collins' site, Poetry 180, as, even though you
mentioned this, a poem is always its content, music, and form, mood, etc., all working together. Glad you enjoyed it though! Sincerely,
Kaylin Haught

 

Post a Comment

<< Home