05 January 2006

Shout OUT!!!!

Ohmygod!!!! You guys!!! 175 of you read this blog yesterday! I am just flattered and overwhelmed blessed and stoked, deeply deeply stoked beyond all rational description. This blog was something I started kinda for the kids, and kinda as a place to nurture and incubate my fledgling writing career, while I worked up the confidence to submit stuff to publishers, and the courage to face my rejection slips like a big girl. My first three queries, based on expansions of posts here, have elicited one total rejection, one rejection-that-led-to-acceptance, and one strong encouragement (I won't say it's an acceptance yet; it's a dedicated fan who's friends with an editor of a *very* influential genre publication, and willing to hand-deliver my submission to her.) It's a start. It's a heck of a start. Thank you all for your support; it's meant a lot so far, and I'm sure I'll keep peeking back on these stats when I feel like a total failure who's incapable of stringing two clauses together. Keep reading, keep commenting, keep emailing me. I'll do my darnedest to keep posting stuff that keeps you coming back. Write on and be stoked!

2 Comments:

At 1/05/2006 09:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats and thanks for keeping us entertained, informed, mentally/spritually stimulated, and part of your life!
franziska

 
At 1/09/2006 12:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yea Laureen, that is awesome!! I am not the only stalking fan, that makes me feel so much better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home