15 November 2005

Beneficence and Philanthropy

Tis the season, generally, to be charitable. I'm not quite sure why it's now, and not some other time, but there you have it. The requests to ante up, some delivered with more humbleness than others, are beginning to pour through the various channels of communication. It's weird to me that people think more about giving during the insane holiday period. You'd think the gifting would make more sense deeper into winter, but I'm guessing people are dealing with consumerist hangover at that point. To that end, I'll be putting up links in my right nav to charities I find worthy, as I am reminded that they exist. Then, instead of doing a one-time donation, Jason and I have decided to start a quarterly rotating donation. Something regular, accountable, that puts us in touch with our beneficent side a little more regularly. What are your favorites? Send em to me, I'll add them as they go...

2 Comments:

At 11/16/2005 06:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As soon as I can find it, I'll send you the link for the Museum of Tolerance.

And it's not a charity, but I send money to the National Space Society.

 
At 11/23/2005 06:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Philanthropy, eh? Tell me to what cause you want to give and I've got a database and national network at my fingertips. Name a cause, and I'll post a link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home