10 November 2005

The View from my Desk

Telecommuting has got to be one of the finest inventions of the age. This is the view from my desk. Sometimes, just for fun and if I'm in danger of not being thankful enough for my sitch, I listen to the morning traffic reports while still in my jammies, tea in hand. As a working mother, it can be tough, since a Toddler on a Mission isn't likely to stop simply because Mama's on a deadline or in a meeting. Most of my coworkers understand. In fact, most of them have small children too, and I think it's delightful to hear everyone's kids in the background, when we're all on the phone pretending to be Serious Corporate Citizens (tm). Deep down, that's how it should be. Since the Industrial Revolution, we've been steadily isolating ourselves from our loved ones, and it shows.
After my slew of meetings today, I think we'll go to the park.....

2 Comments:

At 11/10/2005 04:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*murfle!*

That is adorable! And makes me jealous, but if all goes well, I may be able to join the telecommuting set part time some day soon.

 
At 11/23/2005 11:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful to at last see a picture of you three! Can't wait to meet you all in person down here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home